First founded in 1926, T G Green began in Derbyshire. A clever lathe technique scraped away blue slip and left white bands of clay underneath. A worker suggested that this reminded them of Cornwall's blue skies and white-crested waves, hence the Cornishware name. Soon it became a household name, gracing dinner tables all over the country.
After a design update in the 1960s by Judith Onions, the brand has grown to become increasingly collectable. Eventually hard times hit the traditional factory and the original company shut down in 2007. Luckily fans were there to save the company and Cornishware is being made again!
This tableware range is currently only available rather sporadically. As stock arrives we will add items to the website and if an item seems to have disappeared, it is simply sold out for now.